Our Strategic Priorities for 2019 - 2021
Strategic Aim 1: Nurture and develop as a faith-based community that actively lives the rituals and teachings of our Catholic Church.
- Students will be supported to actively serve others within our community.
- As a community, we will be active participants in the liturgical life of our community.
- The teaching of Religious Education will be immersed through a conceptual curriculum.
Strategic Aim 2: Grow aspiring, global, lifelong learners who are reflective and think creatively.
- To provide students with opportunities and tools to grow as global, lifelong learners.
- Leadership encourages teaching praxis to incorporate regular opportunities for critical reflection.
- Opportunities are created for parents to actively participate in their child’s learning journey.
Strategic Aim 3: Create a learning community that encourages collective ‘risk’ taking within a collaborative learning environment.
- To create an environment where leaders, teachers and students are confident to take risks.
- Teachers and students develop their understanding of the power of working collaboratively.
- Review and implement systems and processes to ensure a safe and secure school environment.
Strategic Aim 4: Grow compassionate and Christian leadership practices that nurture physical, social and spiritual growth.
- The leadership of learning is focused on growing the capabilities of others.
- To develop the educational capacity of our community through effective coaching and mentoring strategies.
- Leadership values and respects diversity and the contributions of others.
Strategic Aim 5: Actively recognise and celebrate all cultures with a specific focus on the development of culturally responsive practice.
- Recognise the global diversity of people within our community.
- Grow community knowledge and understanding of Te Ao Maori.
- Promote Tikanga and strengthen our commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi.