A preference enrolment is granted by a representative of the Bishop. A Preference Card will be issued using the following criteria.
Criteria for Preference status includes:
- The child has been baptised or is being prepared for baptism in the Catholic Church.
- The child’s parents/guardians have already allowed one or more of its siblings to be baptised in the Catholic faith.
- At least one parent/guardian is a Catholic, and although their child has not yet been baptised, the child’s participation in the life of the school could lead to the parents having the child baptised.
- With the agreement of the child’s parent/legal guardian, a significant familial adult such as a grandparent, aunt or uncle who is actively involved in the child’s upbringing undertakes to support the child’s formation in the faith and practices of the Catholic Church.
- One or both of a child’s non-Catholic parents/guardians is preparing to become a Catholic.
To obtain a Preference Card it will be necessary to make an appointment with a representative of the Bishop (after 4th birthday). The St Thomas Aquinas Parish office is located at St Mary Immaculate Church on the corner of Elizabeth Street and Cameron Road 07 578 6209. You will need to take a copy of your child's Baptismal Certificate to the meeting.
The Preference Card forms part of your enrolment documentation. A Preference Card is needed for each child.